A Plan for Tanworth Parish
In 2014 the Parish Council decided that Tanworth should have a Neighbourhood Development Plan. The purpose of this web site is to help residents keep up to date with progress and provide easy access to key documents and evidence.
Neighbourhood Development Plans (NDPs), introduced in 2011, for the first time enable local communities to decide the future of the places where they live and/or work. Once approved they will often be decisive in how future planning applications are decided. Applications will no longer be matters for the District Council alone.
The Plan must have regard to national planning policies and be broadly consistent with the Stratford District Councils Plan for the District, the Core Strategy. The key documents can be found under Supporting Material
The Tanworth Neighbourhood Development Plan will influence the future of the Parish, including the principal settlements of Tanworth, Earlswood, Wood End as well as Forshaw Heath and Danzey. It will cover housing (whether there is a specific need and if so where and what sort of new homes should be built), the local economy, transport, social facilities, and, of course, how best to protect our environment. Note that there is no longer a necessity to promote sites or target a specific number of houses within the NDP if not desired.
The Plan is subject of a referendum and will only be approved if a majority of the residents voting in the referendum support the Plan. So, where have we got to?
The following has been done
- In 2015 we delivered a questionnaire to every person in the Parish.
- We have identified the issues that we think the Plan should cover based on the results of a Residents’ Survey; and proposals in the District Council’s Core Strategy that affect the Parish.
- We have carried out a survey of businesses and employers in the Parish and analysed the results.
- We have completed an assessment of the environmental character of the main settlements and surrounding landscapes. This will provide the basis for design and environmental policies.
- Researched Censuses and other published data including planning permissions in the last 17 years.
- Commissioned a Housing Needs Survey by the Warwickshire Rural Community Council.
- Parish and business Neighbourhood Development Consultations with public meetings
- Draft NDP approved by the Parish Council
- Draft NDP sent to Stratford District Council for Environmental Assessment
- Regulation 14 Consultation taken place
- Regulation 16 Consultation taken place
- Draft NDP examined by an independant examiner
- The District Council has now endorsed the Plan to proceed to a referendum to be held on Thursday 24 November 2022.