Earlswood Village Hall was originally built as a Methodist Church in Sparkhill, Birmingham. In the 1920’s it was demolished and rebuilt in Earlswood, on land donated by Miss Warder of Earlswood Court. The removal and rebuild was paid for by public subscription from the local villagers.
It was formally opened on 20th November 1926 by Miss Myners of Weatheroak Hall, who was supported by Sir Edward Iliffe M.P. The Hall has served the community ever since.
Many royal events have been celebrated here, including the 60th Jubilee of King George V and the Coronations of George VI and our Queen. During WWII the hall was used by the Home Guard and the Nursing Association. Families were evacuated out to Earlswood during the Birmingham bombing raids, with many people sleeping in the hall. At this time it was also used as a cinema. More recently, it was used in celebration of the Olympic Torch Parade passing through the village and the First World War Commemoration.
Today it is used by many groups, from Parent & Toddler to Badminton. Once more, it is used on Sunday as a church for the day. The hall is also home to Earlswood Village Museum, founded in 1977, which is open to the public on the 1st Saturday of the month from March to October.
The hall is also available for private hire throughout the week.