No Rogue Traders
Published: 31 July 2018
In order to reduce doorstep crime, increase consumer confidence and stimulate local business, Warwickshire Trading Standards Service (WTS) have been supporting the "No Rogue Traders Here" (NRTH) approved trader scheme.
No Rogue Traders Here is a privately run approved trader scheme, in partnership with; Birmingham, Solihull, Wolverhampton and now Warwickshire Trading Standards.
The scheme is rather different from other schemes; it is a managed network of businesses, rather than a list. Each business has been through a very detailed vetting process, including intelligence checks from each participating Trading Standards Service.
How it works & why it is different
1. Warwickshire residents can simply register either online at https://www.noroguetradershere.com/ or by Freephone 0800 233 5000 and use the scheme free of charge. They just need to register their basic details, confirm the type of trader and the work they require.
2. The customer will then receive a profile of up to 3 scheme members, depending on the size of the job, who meet their requirements.
3. The consumer contacts the trader/s to get quotes and then makes a decision in their own time.
4. A written quote/contract is drawn up by the customer’s chosen trader and a start date agreed.
5. NRTH then monitor the contract, to make sure the quotes are clear, complete, fair and accurate.
6. When the work is completed, NRTH then contact the consumer to check that they are happy with the result. The administration of the scheme is carried out by NRTH, including the registration of traders and consumers.
7. If there are any problems, NRTH investigate and mediate between the Customer & Trader. Trading Standards can step in to advise if need be.
For more details simply click below or telephone 0800 233 5000