The CSW Broadband mapping has come a long way over the lifetime of the project. The latest map has now been launched, and can be found at www.cswbroadband.org.uk/latestmap.
Area-level information – given at postcode level:
- Different shades of green, from dark green (fully covered before 2020) to very light green (less than 20% covered before 2020)
- As we get further into the project, postcode mapping becomes less specific. This is because telecoms infrastructure does not follow postcodes, so parts of many postcode areas are likely to have some work carried out in them, although this may not be full coverage at superfast speeds or above
- As you zoom into the map, some areas change to satellite photo-images, whilst others remain in map form. We have tried to provide satellite photo-images in the areas where there is expected to be full coverage (dark green) before 2020. This is to enable viewers to see the property-level detail more clearly.
Property-level information indicates:
- No symbol on your property – this means that superfast broadband may be available to you now
- Purple Star (In Progress) – work is underway as part of Contract 2
- Blue Star (Awaiting Detailed Survey) – your property is in an area that is currently under investigation for Contract 2
- Yellow Star (Under Investigation) – these properties are under investigation for Contract 3
- Purple Pentagon (Under Review) – coverage to be provided by an independent provider. These areas will be kept under review
- Red Pentagon (Awaiting Funding) – your property is in an area that is awaiting further funding
- Amber Triangle (Unknown) – in some cases, the information held by the commercial providers is incomplete or not up to date, and premises may be shown as unknown. We are working to gather more data on these areas.
As always, the map is a work in progress. It is based on the most recent Ordnance Survey information, so may not include newer developments. The information about coverage or future rollout is derived from information provided by many different broadband suppliers. However, because the information about other providers’ rollout is given in commercial confidence, CSW Broadband are not able to give additional information.
The map can be found at: www.cswbroadband.org.uk/latestmap