This is our latest weekly report and prompt to see if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns for the Alcester Police North SNT. Thank you to those that have contacted the Team this week. If you would like to be removed from this local email circulation list, please let me know asap.
For operational and privacy reasons not all the incidents that occur on the Alcester area are listed in this report. Please remember to report any anti-social behaviour, suspicious activity or crimes to us as soon as possible - this can be done via the 101 and 999 telephone numbers or if not an emergency via our online reporting forms that can be found on our website.
Incidents of a public interest from the last week:-
· *Attempt Theft. Middletown Lane, Sambourne. A man has been seen to try and remove a wooden house name sign from fence. His attempt was unsuccessful and he has returned to a dark coloured / black van parked nearby. Van similar to a Mercedes Vito / small transit. 1.40pm Tuesday 9th March. 0200 09/03/2021
· *Suspicious Circumstances. Middletown Lane, Studley. Two people in a White VW Van seen acting suspiciously in the area. The male driver was seen to use a mobile phone to take a photo of a property. The registration number began with ‘GF69’. 3.30pm Monday 8th March. 0249 08/03/2021
· *Vehicle Crime. Watts Road, Studley. White Ford Transit pick up stolen without keys. Overnight 7th & 8th March. 0041 08/03/2021
· *Suspicious Circumstances. Snitterfield Road, Bearley. White Volvo saloon seen and different occasions acting suspiciously near to business premises. 6pm on the 8th and 8.30pm 9th March. 0200 10/03/2021
· *Damage. Cherry Orchard, Henley. Garden fence panels damaged. Possibly by someone trying to gain access from a public footpath. Overnight 12th & 13th March. 0164 13/03/2021
· *Damage. Cherry Orchard, Henley. Coping stones pushed off wall causing damage. Between 6th & 10th March. 0114 10/03/2021
· *Vehicle Crime. Arden Road, Henley. Black Audi A5 stolen without keys. Offenders have taken out a wall with railings in order to get to the vehicle. Between 9pm and 11.15pm Tuesday 9th March. 0408 09/03/2021
· *Earlswood. Malthouse Lane and Lakes area. Further calls received this week. Reporting possibly drug use, noise disturbances, parking issues and cars racing. The incidents have been logged on the police system and the SNT and colleagues will continue to monitor the situation.
· *Vehicle Crime. Malthouse Lane, Earlswood. Vehicle stolen without keys. Morning of Friday 12th March. 0239 12/03/2021
· *Theft. Malthouse Lane, Earlswood. Two metal plant containers stolen from garden. Reported 11th March. 0124 11/03/2021
· *Vehicle Crime. St Marys Close, Ullenhall. Front and rear number plates stolen from vehicle. Overnight 10th & 11th March. 0054 11/03/2021
· *Vehicle Crime. Ullenhall. Grey Land Rover Defender stolen without keys. Gates to property smashed open by the offenders. Overnight 10th & 11th March. 0044 11/03/2021
· *Suspicious Circumstances. Chapel Lane, Ullenhall. Two males in a dark grey Mitsubishi L200 seen acting suspiciously in the area. Both males were wearing ski masks and gloves. The registration number ended in something similar to ‘KPF’. 5.40pm Monday 8th March. 0304 08/03/2021
· *Attempt Burglary. St Michaels Close, Claverdon. Small window into property forced open, but the offender(s) may have been disturbed by the occupants. Possibly around 4.15am. Wednesday 10th March. 0271 10/03/2021
· *Vehicle Interference. Stratford Road, Hockley Heath. Several males disturbed trying to gain access to work vans. When challenged they said they were looking for scrap. They immediately left the area in a Blue Skoda Octavia with a registration number ending in ‘HXR’. 3pm Tuesday 9th March. 0198 09/03/2021
Vehicle Crime – Here are a few crime prevention tips to deter vehicle crime.
- Always lock your vehicle. Whether it’s in the garage, on the driveway of your house, unattended for a few seconds or in an isolated car park, lock it and activate any alarm system.
- Always remove valuable items from the vehicle. If this cannot be done the items must be removed from view and secured in a glove box or boot.
- Fit an alarm that will activate on movement in the vehicle. An alarm that can notify you in real time that there is a problem is extremely useful.
- Items such as tools and machinery that cannot be removed can be secured in lockers and security marked with high visibility paint etc.
- If available, park your vehicle in a location that is covered by CCTV, overlooked by houses or is in constant use.
- Use anti-theft screws and sticky pads for number plates. If you have a plate that is stolen, replace it with one that has a different design so it is distinguishable from the stolen plate.
- If you see or hear any suspicious activity around a car or car park, ring 101 to report straight away.
- For further advice visit - https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/theft-from-a-vehicle/
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact us on the details below or via the Warwickshire Police website. If you would like to be removed from the Teams email circulation list - please let us know.
ALCESTER POLICE NORTH SAFER NEIGHBOURHOOD TEAM
Team email - Alcesternorth.email@example.com
Sgt 1215 Stacey Naughton firstname.lastname@example.org
PCSO 6273 Aadila Hussain - Aadila.email@example.com
PCSO 6330 Sanjay Singh - firstname.lastname@example.org
PCSO 6350 Brooke Taylor email@example.com
Alcester Police Office Phone Number - 01789 444816 (not to be used for emergencies or priority calls. Always report incidents on 101). Online reporting services are also available on our website - https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
Twitter - @AlcesterCops
Facebook - Alcester Police
Instagram – southwarwickshiresnts
Website - https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
We do not monitor our social media pages, so please do not use them to report incidents or to pass on important information. Please call us on 101, 999 or use the online reporting forms as required.