Tanworth in Arden PC Crime Working Group Update.
Published: 17 December 2020
Tanworth in Arden PC Crime working group update.
The TIA crime working group
· Group meeting
· Fly Tipping
· Baz Bains
· Future Police spending
· CCTV companies
· Large Parish Map to be requested from Julie, this will help the group look at possible camera locations
· Leila to write a clear and concise strategy for the group
· Crime statistics to be requested from Julie/Police.
· Ask three residents from TIA to join the group. This worked very well for the Earlswood group. Permission requested from our PC Chairman.
· Recent crime discussed, serious carjacking, burglary and fly tipping.
· Fly Tipping has always been a problem but seems to be on the increase since covid-19 become a problem. I have contacted Police and Tony Dixon to ask for help and support. Support has been offered from both.
Baz Bains (Supportive Village Scheme)
· I met with Baz and he is very keen to meet again and progress with our plan for an open-air crime prevention day in Tanworth in Arden.
Future Police Spending
· I will be taking part in a zoom meeting 17/12/20.
CCTV Information gathering
· Information gathering continues, I have made contact with another local resident who specialises in CCTV insulations. He is currently working with other parish councils which is encouraging.
Due to covid-19 and tier 3 restrictions it’s difficult to progress as quickly as hoped.