ASB at The Lakes

Published: 21 May 2020

The Lakes – Complaints

We are aware of a large number of complaints currently, regarding issues around the Lakes.

If you wish to register a complaint about any activities that you perceive to be inappropriate around the Lakes at this time, please read the following as it will direct you to the correct recipient:


This is covered by Warwickshire County Council.

They have advised us, on 21 May 2020 as follows:

“Following government guidance, Warwickshire County Council has scaled back parking enforcement to concentrate exclusively on dangerous or obstructive parking.

Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) are continuing to patrol, while following government guidance on social distancing but will only take enforcement action against badly parked vehicles which prevent access for emergency services and other critical support teams. The Council is also working with the emergency services to focus patrols around key areas such as hospitals, ambulance and fire stations, while maintaining a presence in towns and residential areas to help motorists find a safe place to park. It is recognised that home-working may be placing an additional strain on parking.”

It is clear, form this, that they are not in a position to perform their whole range of statutory duties at present, as we start to relax lockdown. Hopefully, they will start to get back to normal as the situation changes. Please keep an eye on the following web page for updated info:

Parking where vehicles are left causing dangers and obstructions

This is covered by the Police:

For assistance with a vehicle which is parked causing an obstruction you may wish to contact the Police who have powers to take appropriate action. The Police have the authority as the Highway Code states “You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road. [Laws CSDPA sect 21 & RTRA sects 5 & 8]”. In such a case they may issue a Fixed Penalty Notice or arrange removal/relocation of the vehicle.

We have been advised by the police to register complaints by phoning 101

Anti-social behaviour including social distancing, cycling, night fishing, etc

These issues are dealt with by Canal and River Trust (CRT):

Please do not contact any individual at CRT directly but email We have been asked to use this address as your query will then be directed to the correct department within CRT, allowing for it to be dealt with quickly.

Other points:

If you see a situation that you feel is unreasonable do not get involved in it to the point where it becomes a danger to your wellbeing. Leave and report it. If you can take photos without exacerbating the position, that would be helpful. If you can time and date stamp the photos, that would be even better. On both Android and iPhone devices, you can download an app that can be set to automatically time and date stamp your photos.

If you contact the above organisations for any of the above reasons, can you please copy the RA in so that we can keep track of what’s going on, as we are in contact with CRT and the Police regularly: